Saturday, April 2, 2011

Everybody knows it's my favorite! My home away from home

Yes, I know. I should just move there. One day, I probably will. Here are some of my second home, which I found one sad day when I was missing my daughter Savannah...and I fell in love.

This was from my original...and by far best (if I'm being honest)...trip. I met some amazing people. I was picked up and carried around in a limo. I became connected for a lifetime. Let me share some of my favorites with you.

My all time most favorite cathedral is St. John's. It is AMAZING. I have taken a ton of people to Savannah, and I always make them go in there. I take them in, but I make them stay in the foyer until I go in because I want to see their faces when they encounter its magnificance for the first time. I have taken better ones inside since this time, but this is just about the first trip.



Then there is my most favorite place to eat. I used to be able to say that I have eaten there every single trip, but I've been so many times now that I can't really say that...although, there aren't many. Again...there are better ones, but that will be for another day...The Crab Shack...literally shacks together on the water...



The street performers on River Street made me crazy smile. I met my good friend Daryl there...mainly because he thought it was really weird that I wouldn't leave and I had a gazillion cameras:) I'm so glad he decided to talk to me that night and show me to some great spots the next day.





I have seen this man every time I have been there...even in rain

Tybee Island...the light house...the crab shack...the cute houses...the beach





City Market is also a great place to visit. They have Vinni Van GoGo's...excellent pizza...and Atilla Hun art gallery...which I visit quite regularly. I took my students there on a trip, and Chuck...the main artist and owner...sang with them and taught them about art...LOVE it. Thanks again, Daryl, for exposing me to this place:) The rest are different places...on River Street...in the squares...Forsythe Park...etc.


Daryl in Atilla's

singing in the market

Huey's...best beignets

Getting out of my limo ride

Forsythe





City Hall

Where Forest Gump sat...but the bench is in the museum at the old train depot


Johnson Square

General Sherman's hideout after he burned all of Georgia...saved Savannah as a present to Lincoln




Juliette Low's house (girls scouts)

Home of Flannery O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment